Century 56J - Energy Efficient - Two Speed Pool Motor
- 1.5 HP 3450/1725 RPM, 2-Speed 9.0/3.3 amps, 230 Volts only 60hz.
- Automatic Overload Protection - Service Factor 1.30
- Non-Reversible - CCW Rotation facing the shaft
- C-Face Mount, Round Body-no base
- 56-J Frame; 5/8" diameter threaded stainless steel shaft
- Meets California Energy Commission Appliance Regulations 2008
Effective July 19, 2021 the US Dept of Energy regulations on single speed, two-speed and booster pumps go into effect. The motor manufactures can no longer produce this motor for resale in the US, once inventory is depleted this motor will no longer be available for purchase. Once inventory is no longer available you will have to buy a variable speed motor or a complete new variable speed pump. Click here to help answer more questions
Swimming pool pump motor. Commonly found on inground pool pumps such as Hayward Super Pump, Maxflo, Super II and many other pumps requiring a 56J frame motor.
Century motors are found on most swimming pool pumps. Standard 1081 pump duty motor. Stainless steel shaft. Sealed ball bearings.
Motor has 4 threaded bolt holes on face for mounting the pump to the motor. Bolt holes are 5 7/8" on center measured across the shaft. Wiring diagram on motor name plate.
1 year warranty
AO Smith/Century Models: K48M2N118, K48M2N118A2
US Electric Equivalent EB977
Links for new variable pumps